Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love the nice change to plain egg salad. This is the original recipe,however, I prefer to leave out the cheese and it's still great!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 celery ribs, peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 sliced avocado (optional)
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Place eggs, celery, green onions, jalapenos, red pepper, garlic, and cheese in bowl; Toss to combine.
- Mix mayonnaise, lime juice and spices in small separate bowl.
- Fold in egg mixure.
- Transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with sliced avocado and cilantro.
This is my new favorite egg salad. I didn't include the cheese, and it was still delicious. Thanks for the recipe!