Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
Looks very attractive on a buffet table. You can line the cups with biscuit dough and get the egg mixture ready ahead of time then with your oven preheated pour the egg mixture into the dough lined cups pop into the oven and in 1/2 hour lovely hot Mexi cups are ready. I like to use a jalapeño stuffed Olive on top and hot sauce in the eggs
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pimiento
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (add more if you like it hot)
- 10 slices of jumbo pimento stuffed olives
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Oven temp 375°F.
- Lightly flour board and roll out each of the ten biscuits to a 5 1/2 inch circle.
- Pat circles into custard cups (or large muffin tins) so the dough comes to the top edge of the cup.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese in each cup.
- In a bowl whisk; eggs, milk, onion, green pepper, pimiento, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of the egg mixture into each cup on top of the cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese equally divided on top of each egg cup.
- Top with a slice of olive.
- Bake 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with cayenne (optional).