Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This rub is great for chicken, fish, veggies or pork. The chicken tastes like El Pollo Loco chicken to me(a fast food chain in California). For extra heat, double the red pepper flakes!
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cumin
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients; mixing well.
- Rub the mixtgure evenly on chicken (whole or pieces) or a meat/veggie of your choice and grill or broil as desired.
Excellent blend of spices. I used mine on cut up wedges of sweet potatoes and then baked them in the oven. Delicious! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2010.
I'm not sure about loco but bueno, si! This was really good. I used it as a rub and I'd also like to try the marinade that others suggested. I used split bone in breasts. The skin was so deliciously spicy and crisp, gasp, I know, I ate the skin ;) Grilling marinating boneless skinless breasts with this sounds heavenly, I'll try that next. Thanks Pam!
Was delicious. I added a little lime juice and canola oil and turned it into a marinade. I marinaded boneless skinless chicken breasts for about 45 minutes - they turned out very flavorful and tender. Thanks!