Recipe by AngelaTN
Wow! Who knew there were so many versions of Dorito casserole out there? For the record, this one is different than all the others posted here. I actually found it on Pinterest. The original reciped calls for plain tortilla chips and I decided to try it with Doritos instead. It's quite yummy!
Top Review by Deanne McKissick
This was great...made a couple adjustments. Added a half a large diced jalapeno to the mixture while on the stove to add some spice and only put in half of a the taco seasoning envelope. Used cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Was awesome!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (11 ounce) bag Doritos
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 ounce taco seasoning, packet
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning, soup and water.
- Simmer over medium heat until ingredients are well blended and heated through.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish crush up enough Doritos to cover the bottom. Top with half of meat mixture and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake covered for 20-30 minutes.