Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wow! Who knew there were so many versions of Dorito casserole out there? For the record, this one is different than all the others posted here. I actually found it on Pinterest. The original reciped calls for plain tortilla chips and I decided to try it with Doritos instead. It's quite yummy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (11 ounce) bag Doritos
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 ounce taco seasoning, packet
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning, soup and water.
- Simmer over medium heat until ingredients are well blended and heated through.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish crush up enough Doritos to cover the bottom. Top with half of meat mixture and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake covered for 20-30 minutes.
This was great...made a couple adjustments. Added a half a large diced jalapeno to the mixture while on the stove to add some spice and only put in half of a the taco seasoning envelope. Used cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Was awesome!
Love it & very simple. However, I prefer 2 lbs. of ground beef to make it more of a meal.