Recipe by goose jones
This recipe was given to me by my wonderful mother-in-law who came to the help of a non cooking new wife. That was 27 years ago and we still eat this! It apparently came from a home ec teacher somewhere in LA. I can not find brick chili where I live now but I use a tub chili found in the meat department that works well.
- 1 (8 ounce) package chili (brick)
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 8" square or round dish with a layer of tortillas leaving a couple to top off the dish.
- Brown hamburger, drain grease and add to pan.
- Break up the chili over the hamburger.
- Layer the can of kidney beans on top of chili.
- Add grated cheese on top of beans.
- Add about 2-3 tablespoons of the tomato sauce over cheese.
- Cover with remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce on top of the tortillas and tap down the edges to try and create a seal.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or microwave on high for 15 minutes then transfer to a 350°F oven for 10 minutes to crisp up the tortillas.
- This will spew out some grease so be prepared to clean the micro, it doesn't do this in the oven.