Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is always a winner when I make this. It is actually a recipe that was passed to me by my mother. I have made this many times for pot lucks and everyone always wants the recipe.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 3 (4 ounce) cansortega whole green chilies
- 2 -3 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large white onion
- 12 corn tortillas
- First, boil the chicken breasts. Then shred them. Mix together the sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Dice the onion.
- You want to layer all ingredients. I start with a layer of the sour cream and cream of chicken soup mix. Then put a layer of the shredded chicken. Then sprinkle a layer of the diced onions. Then cheese. Then a layer of the green chilies. (I open the chili and lay it flat) Then put a layer of corn tortillas. repeat this as many times as will fit in your crock pot.
- Exact measurements are not necessary in this recipe. The ingredients do the work.
- Once everything is layered, cook in crock pot on high for 4 hours.
We love this recipe! It is very simple and tasty - mild for the kids, yet flavorful enough for the adults to enjoy. Thank you for sharing!
This was very good!! It was easy to make and went together very quickly. I made the recipe as written, except I added salt and pepper to the soup/sour cream mixture as I felt it needed it. My family gave this a big thumbs-up!! Thank you for sharing this recipe.