Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe tastes great, no one would guess its gluten-free and low FODMAP. Its cheesy and delicious! (Note: if dairy bothers you, just substitute soy "cheddar" for the real cheddar).
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (wear gloves)
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 0.59 ml chili powder (optional)
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 236.59 ml gluten-free baking mix
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 946.36 ml gluten-free cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- In a skillet, saute the green onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper in olive oil for 3-4 minutes on med-high.
- Add the ground beef and remaining spices. Crumble the beef and saute until beef is cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the cornbread mixture:.
- Whisk together the cornmeal, gluten free baking mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the almond milk, eggs, and oil.
- Pour the batter into the greased 9 x 13" pan and spread out evenly.
- Spread the beef mixture evenly over the cornbread batter.
- Spread the chopped tomato over the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Place in oven and bake 15 minutes, then cover loosely with foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until cornbread is cooked.