- Note on using lentils: If using canned lentils, drain first and omit salt; if using dry (my preference is dry red lentils) measure 1/3 cup rinsed lentils into saucepan, add 2/3 cup water and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes (may need to add a small amount of water) cool and measure.
- Mash lentils with a fork in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla extract to lentils.
- Mix just to combine.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa and cinnamon in separate bowl.
- Add dry mixture and blend until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes for easy turn out.
- Dust tops with confectioners sugar.