1/1 Photo of Mexican Chocolate Muffins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup cooked lentils (see note)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using canned lentils)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1Note on using lentils: If using canned lentils, drain first and omit salt; if using dry (my preference is dry red lentils) measure 1/3 cup rinsed lentils into saucepan, add 2/3 cup water and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes (may need to add a small amount of water) cool and measure.
- 2Mash lentils with a fork in mixing bowl.
- 3Add eggs, oil, sugars, and vanilla extract to lentils.
- 4Mix just to combine.
- 5Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa and cinnamon in separate bowl.
- 6Add dry mixture and blend until combined.
- 7Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 8Pour into greased muffin tins.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- 10Let cool 10-15 minutes for easy turn out.
- 11Dust tops with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chocolate Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (801 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 169.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g