Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use this butter on chicken breasts & broil them. Also use on Bread or Bolillos (Mexican buns) or put a dab on your veggies.Great on Hamburger buns or steaks. Many used and it will keep in the freezer for over a month.
- 1 dried ancho chilies, toasted,seeded,chopped in small pieces or 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped but they are not as good
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 118.29 ml butter, at room temperature
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 0 tso dried oregano
- Place ancho chili in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over it (if using fresh jalapeno omit this step) Drain the chili& place chili in a blender with 1 1/2 tbsp of the soaking water, discard the rest of the soaking water, and process until very smooth, cool completely (with the jalapeno just process until smooth) Beat butter until fluffy.
- Beat in the garlic& oregano.
- Graduallybeat in the chili to blend throughly.
- Mold into a small bowl, cover& refrigerate to firm.
This is simply wonderful and I can see so many uses for it. I finely chopped one green and one red jalapeno and then proceeded with the recipe. After mixing I formed it into a log, rolled in parsley flakes, and then froze wrapped in wax paper. I thinly sliced it and served with Bacon Waffles #141878 for dinner. I loved it! I plan to use the rest on chicken breasts or a steak. Thank you Bergy for a wonderful addition to my kitchen.