Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in “The Spice Cookbook” by Avanelle Day and Lillie Stuckey. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
- 3 lbs bone-in chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 medium onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- In the largest skillet with a cover you have, brown the chicken in the butter.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, salt and ½ c water.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minute.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, pepper and pimiento.
- Continue simmering with the cover on for 10 min, until the chicken is tender and cooked thru.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Mix flour with 1 tbsp water. Be sure there are no lumps.
- With the heat turned to low, wisk the flour mixture into the drippings in the pan to create a gravy.
- Serve the chicken over rice with the gravy.