Recipe by megs_
From "The Healing Foods Cookbook". I have not tried this yet, but chicken, peppers, and salad greens are all ingredients that help build up your immune system and also help with wound healing. This just looks delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups leafy greens (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow glass dish, combine the lemon juice, peppers, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, cumin, and cinnamon.
- Place the chicken between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap.
- Pound to an even thickness (about 1/3-1/2 inch) with a mallet. Place the chicken in the spice mixture and turn to coat all sides. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a lightly oiled broiler rack (reserve remaining marinade). Broil about 5 inches from the heat for about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Place the marinade in a 1 quart saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Place the greens in a large bowl and pour the marinade over them. Toss to combine.
- Slice the chicken and serve on the greens. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.