Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is different than the other 12 or so duplicate mexican pinwheel recipes on 'Zaar because it includes chicken, making the resulting rollups more hearty and tasty. Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything. (Cook time equals chilling time.)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded chicken (canned chicken breast works great)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, well drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 large tortillas (the green or orange colored ones are fun for this recipe) or 8 large wraps (the green or orange colored ones are fun for this recipe)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except tortillas) until well blended.
- Spread about ½ cup of the mixture over the entire surface of a tortilla. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Slice into ½ inch slices and serve.