1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 -3 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 350'. Grease a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- 2Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef and sausage; drain.
- 3Add corn, pepper, onion, garlic, paprika, cayenne, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, tomatoes, and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Spoon the mixture into the greased pan. Sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese.
- 5Combine the cornbread mix, milk and egg in a bowl; mix well. Pour evenly over the beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Casserole With Cornbread Topping
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.6
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.2 mg
- Sodium 1446.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 32.9 g