Your Gourmet Girlfriend's Note:
I wanted an easy dish to satisfy my Mexican craving. I'm happy how this turned out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -6 dashes hot sauce
- 1 -1 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 8 ounces crushed corn tortillas, coarsely crushed
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (or more)
- 1Brown ground beef, drain fat.
- 2Combine, beef, soup, tomatoes, corn, garlic, hot sauce and rice, mix well.
- 3Pour 1/2 beef mixture into prepared casserole, followed by 1/2 of the crushed tortillas, and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- 4Cover lightly with foil, bake at 350°F about 45 minutes or until bubbly and hot throughout. Take foil off the last 10 minutes to brown.
- 5Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
- 6Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Casserole, My Way
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.5
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 142.5 mg
- Sodium 877.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 42.2 g