Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wanted an easy dish to satisfy my Mexican craving. I'm happy how this turned out.
Make and share this Mexican Casserole, My Way recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 -6 dashes hot sauce
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cooked white rice
- 8 ounces crushed corn tortillas, coarsely crushed
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (or more)
- Brown ground beef, drain fat.
- Combine, beef, soup, tomatoes, corn, garlic, hot sauce and rice, mix well.
- Pour 1/2 beef mixture into prepared casserole, followed by 1/2 of the crushed tortillas, and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Cover lightly with foil, bake at 350°F about 45 minutes or until bubbly and hot throughout. Take foil off the last 10 minutes to brown.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
This was really good. I didn't have any mushroom soup so I used fresh mushrooms a little beef stock and a can of kidney beans in chilli sauce. It tasted like tacos and even my picky kids liked it. I used a guacamole recipe from this site to go with it.