Recipe by Feisty
Casserole may be frozen for up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bake as directed.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1.5 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, drained
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large, deep skillet until meat is gray and crumbled. Drain mixture and add chicken soup, seasonings and tomato with chiles. Heat just until mixed well.
- Cut tortillas into quarters. Layer half the tortillas into the bottom of a lightly-greased 9x13 pan. Top with half the meat mixture and half the Velveeta cubes. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, meat mixture and Velveeta.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.