Easy and delicious breakfast fare. These freeze well so make a bunch for later. I cook by look, I don't measure but these amounts should be pretty close.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 -8 eggs, scrambled
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 large potatoes, skinned, boiled, cubed
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, skinned
- 2 lbs pork sausage
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (to taste)
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- 1Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. When done, drain and set aside.
- 2Scramble the eggs with the milk to make them fluffy. Place in a bowl.
- 3In the same pan used for the eggs, fry the pork sausage. Drain the fat. Set the pork aside.
- 4In the same pan, fry the chorizo. Drain the fat. Add to the cooked pork sausage.
- 5Together, saute the bell pepper, the onion and the jalapeno until the onions are transparent. Blend in the sausage mix. Take off the heat.
- 6Heat tortillas in covered container in microwave for about 10 seconds. Heat long enough to just make them more pliable.
- 7To each tortilla, add small amounts of egg, potato, sausage mixture and cheese. Fold like an envelope. Wrap individually in a square of tinfoil.
- 8If eating right away, re-heat in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes.
- 9If not eating promtly, freeze for later. Re-heat before eating.
- 10Serve with sour cream, hot sauce and salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Breakfast Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.8
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 205.4 mg
- Sodium 1429.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 32.5 g