Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here's a quick weeknight entree for all you low carb followers!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Cook ground beef in skillet until done; drain.
- Add onions and chiles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Put beef mixture into a pie dish.
- Pour cheese mixture over it.
- Bake at in a 350 oven for 35-40 minutes or until cheese is puffed and slightly brown.
Okay, Yooper, you did it again! This is awesome! I made one exactly per the recipe, and one with ground turkey (for my turkey who won't eat beef). They both turned out excellent. And they both cooked together in the oven at the same time with no problem. I wondered about greasing the pie dish, but I didn't and there was no need. Yum! Thank you. :)