Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Bake an easy skillet dinner topped with tender refrigerator biscuits in a family-pleasing meal. Using a 10 inch skillet with oven proof handle.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from 1.25-oz packet)
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained (with red and green peppers)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 cup)
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon yellow cornmeal, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in taco seasoning mix, corn and tomato sauce.
- Heat until hot.
- Stir in cheese cubes.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each into quarters.
- Arrange quartered biscuits around outer edge of skillet.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
- Be sure that the skillet you use for this easy meal can go into the oven, handle and all.
- EXCHANGES: 2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- CARBOHYDRATE CHOICES: 3.
Yummmmm. I love this fast, one dish casserole and so did everyone else. I really enjoyed the texture that the cornmeal topped biscuits gave the dish. I will be making this recipe over and over again!! Thank you Nana Lee