Recipe by Sascha
This is a chocolate cake which comes from Metz in France. I was given the recipe when I lived in France from a friend from there, but I have admittedly never tried making it myself. He made it for me often, though, and it is very good. We would eat it with single cream drizzled over it.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup creme fraiche (or heavy cream)
- 4 ounces grated semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Butter an eight-inch round cake pan.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture is pale in color.
- Sift the flour and blend inches
- Add the cream and chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn the cake out onto a rack and cool completely before serving.