Recipe by Metric Jester
I threw this together one night when I was in a hurry, and it tasted so good, I just had to share it.
Top Review by Nif
What an easy and healthy soup! I used 1 teaspoon of olive oil and organic chicken stock. I found the fennel seed to be quite overpowering so I think that I would even cut it out next time and add more nutmeg. This is a very large serving and the whole thing counted as 6 WW pts! I tried using an immersion blender but had problems with the strings in the celery so I just used the blender. Made for my adopted chef for this round of Pick a Chef. Thanks Mestric Jester! :)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 baked potato
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock or 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Liquid could be chicken stock, vegetable stock or water.
- chop everything.
- scramble fry first 7 ingredients until very soft.
- add salt and pepper (as desired).
- add baked potato to pot
- if potato is cold, you will need to warm it up here.
- add liquid 1/4 cup at a time stirring continuously.
- once all liquid is added, blend with a blender or use a hand blender in the pot.