Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tthis is a typical Maharashtrian recipe. it tastes very yummy with bhakri and onion.
- 1 cup grams flour
- 50 g onions
- 3 -4 green chilies
- 5 g coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 500 mg fenugreek leaves
- 10 -12 curry leaves
- Mix together gram flour, salt and some water for desired consistency. Remove the lumps.
- (There is an alternative method for this. First follow the step 2, and add water directly to it. When water starts boiling, add gram flour and stir. Watch out for lump.).
- In a deep pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Add chopped onions. Give vertical slits to the chilies and add them. Add chopped fenugreek leaves to this mixture.
- When onion pieces become transparent, add the paste of gram flour. Now keep stirring to avoid lump formation.
- Cover and turn the heat on medium.
- Remove the lid and stir after 5 minutes till the consistency is thick to semisolid. Methi besan is ready to serve when the raw smell goes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with plain rice or bhakri.