Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 lbs Butterball boneless breast of turkey, thawed
- to taste oil
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- Prepare grill using mesquite chips or coals.
- Brush turkey with oil.
- Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle over turkey.
- Place turkey on grill.
- Cover grill and cook according to package directions.
- Wrap in foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove netting from turkey and slice it.
Quite tasty, I couldn't stop eating it. I just sprinkled the spices on sliced turkey breast and sauteed! Perfect flavor (used garlic salt instead of garlic powder).
Very tasty and especially appreciated by Dh. I applied the seasoning under the skin and used the cooking method described in Great Grilled Turkey Breast, Great Grilled Turkey Breast. And of course, alder is far easier to come by here in the Northwest so I didn't use mesquite. Thanks, Tonkcats.