Garlic Rosemary Turkey
- 1 whole turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 6 -8 cloves garlic
- 2 large lemons, halved
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Cut six to eight small slits in turkey skin insert garlic between the skin and meat. Squeeze two lemon halves inside the turkey and leave them inside. Squeeze remaining lemon over outside of turkey.
- Spray the turkey with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with rosemary and sage. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325'F for 1 hour.
- Cover and bake 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 185'F.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is an easy tasty fall off the bone tender, moist bird recipe! I think that says it all - I like the subtle lemon flavor combined with the garlic rosemary & sage. I had to use dry herbs but they worked - I made a walnut cranberry stuffing on the side and it went well with this bird. I see by the number that it must have been one of your first posted recipes I am g;ad you posted itReply
see 5 more