Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The base recipe is from from Good Housekeeping Nov 2010, but I used Newman's Own Balsamic Vinagrette dressing instead of this recipe and apples instead of pears.
- 59.14 ml pepitas
- 44.37 ml apple cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 9.85 ml honey
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 red pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 (283.49 g) package mixed baby greens
- In skillet, heat pepitas 2-3 minutes until some start to pop. Cool and store in airtight container.
- Whisk vinegar, mustard and honey until blended. Add oil in slow stream and whisk until emulsified. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Combine sliced pears and dressing one hour before serving to prevent browning.
- In large bowl, combine pears/dressing, greens, toasted pumpkin seeds, and salt and pepper to taste.
Easy, refreshing, delicious! The two of us ate the whole amount for a light dinner along with Good Luck Black Eyed Peas Dip and some flat bread. Loved the addition of pepitas.<br/>Thanks for sharing :)<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2013