Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cooking Light. May 2001.
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 cup slice peeled cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut the tofu lengthwise into 4 slices. Place the slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut each slice diagonally into 2 triangles.
- Place the tofu in a shallow baking dish. Combine the sherry, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Pour over tofu, and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Bake at 450° for 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature; chill 30 minutes.
- Combine the greens, cucumber, and onions. Combine the juice and remaining ingredients; stir with a whisk.
- Drizzle juice mixture over greens, and toss well to coat. Place 2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; top each portion with 2 tofu triangles.