Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the White Oak Manor Bed & Breakfast
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 16 maraschino cherries
- pecans, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter, gradually adding sugars until thoroughly creamed.
- Mix in egg yolks, cherry juice and flour which has been sifted with baking powder.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Grease small muffin tins (1/2 inch) and sprinkle bottom with finely chopped pecans.
- Put 1 teaspoon dough in each, place cherry on top.
- Add another teaspoon full of dough and sprinkle top with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins and roll in confectioner's sugar while still warm.