Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple but elegant dessert, found in an old BH&G mag.
- 2 kg vanilla and strawberry ripple ice cream
- 300 g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 10 meringue nests, crushed
- 300 g raspberries, extra
- Line a 22cm round spring-form cake tin with plastic wrap.
- Allow ice-cream to soften but not melt, place one third of the ice-cream into cake tin's base, cover with half the raspberries, then half the meringues.
- Continue to layer ending with a layer of ice-cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- To serve: remove from freezer, remove wrap & turn onto a large plate, top with extra raspberries.
I tasted this at a friend's place. She used just one litre of icecream - Raspberry Ripple from Coles, and ready-made meringue nests from Coles or Woolies. It was a scrumptious dessert that tasted as though she had spent hours making it. I will be making it often in the future!