Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A glorious special dessert.
- 6 egg whites
- 350 g icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500 ml cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 400 g strawberries (or other desired fruit plums, kiwi fruit, papaya)
- To make meringue:.
- Preheat oven to 100 degrees celcius.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add icing sugar and vanilla and continue beating until glossy and mixture is firm.
- Line three baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a large dinner plate mark with a pencil the circular outline.
- Place egg mixture over the paper into three thin circles.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 hours, then remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- To serve:.
- Gently peel paper off meringues.
- Whip cream with sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Place first circle on serving platter, place 1/3 cream mixture and arrange fruit on top. Continue for all layers.