Recipe by Ragdoll Frankie
So, So simple, delicious and addictive meatballs!!! I took these to work often when I worked at our largest newspaper. The aroma permeated all 5 floors, so many people (mostly men) from different departments stopped by to make sure they got some before they disappeared. I used 5 lbs of frozen small meatballs and they were gone well before day's end. (We also had tons of other goodies) I make them for reunions, etc. and everyone loves them BUT...., men in particular loved them most. I personally can't get enough of them and I'm a female!!!
- 5 lbs frozen meatballs
- 2 (14 ounce) cans jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 (18 ounce) bottles hickory flavored barbecue sauce (I use Kraft)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw Meatballs in refrigerator.
- Pour Barbecue Sauce and Cranberry Sauce Into fairly large crock pot.
- Set pot on high heat.
- Chop cranberry sauce up and stir together somewhat.
- When sauces start getting hot, whisk until smooth.
- Add meatballs and coat well using 1-2 wooden spoons to avoid breaking up meatballs.
- When all gets hot and bubbly reduce heat to low.
- Cover and stir occasionally.
- Leave covered until all is heated through. the longer they heat, the more sauce gets soaked up by meatballs.
- Continue to stir occasionally.
- When ready to serve, tilt cover so sauce won't get watered down.
- Use non-slotted spoon to serve. (So everyone can get some of the wonderful sauce).