Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by my Best Friend and Cousin Memphis. She has been making this meal for years and I wanted to share it with the world. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 head cabbage
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 6 garlic franks
- Chop vegetables and place potatoes/carrots/onions in bottom of large pot and cover with water. I salt and pepper genourously.
- Then place cabbage on top of veggies (add more salt and pepper).
- Add 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add 1 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Place garlic franks over cabbage and cover.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until cabbage is soft.
- Sometimes I cook mine in the crockpot because of the pan size. I cook on high for 2 hours in the crockpot. However -- The garlic franks will bust open like hot dogs in the the crockpot.