Recipe by Susan Lee
We first had these in a nearby town known as "Little Sweden". I purchased a cookbook which luckily had the original recipe within! There are other melting moment recipes, but most use cornstarch. These are the real deal - and truly will melt in your mouth! Always a crowd pleaser!
Top Review by Feejee BaBii*
The BEST melting moment recipe I've ever tried!!! The cookie was the best part for me. They were nice n firm, not like some that are too crummy and fall apart rather than melt in your mouth. Thnx for the awesum recipe!
- 236.59 ml butter (please don't substitute!)
- 473.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 29.58 ml maraschino cherry juice
- 9.85 ml milk
- 473.18-709.77 ml powdered sugar, to make a thick frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, flour and powdered sugar.
- Roll into balls the size of ping-pong balls.
- Place on cookie sheet and flatted to about 1/2 inch.
- Bake at 425* for just a few minutes until the edges just begin to show color (really watch them closely!) When cool, frost with the icing mixture on the FLAT side- to create a sandwich cookie.
- (You can just frost the cookie tops to double the cookie total. Also, you may substitute almond extract and a touch of red coloring for the cherry juice).