Shortbread Puffs (Also Called Melting Moments)
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Cream butter.
- Add icing sugar & cornstarch & beat on high until fluffy.
- Add vanilla & pinch of salt.
- Add flour and beat mixture until light and fluffy.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Dough will be very soft and sticky. Flatten with palm of your hand, lightly floured.
- Decorate with red sprinkles.
- Bake at 300 F for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 5 dozen cookies. Freezes well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Definitely does not make 5 dozen cookies! I used a little cookie scoop and got 18 cookies. Also baking time should be increased -- 10 minutes leaves the cookies raw in the middle. I would boost the temperature to 325 - common for most shortbread recipes - and then bake for 10-12 minutes. I am popping mine back in the oven for a few more minutes.
I loved these cookies!! They really melted in my mouth. My DH didn't like them as much, but others in my family thought they were good. They really are very light and fluffy. I used a mini ice cream scoop to portion out the cookies, and didn't flatten them. They melted down just right in the oven. Thank you for a great recipe!