- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 grated lemons, rind of (approx. 5 tbsp)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice and grated lemon rind.
- Add egg yolks which have been well beaten, the milk and melted butter.
- Last, fold in egg whites which have also been well beaten.
- Put ingredients into a buttered 9" baking dish which has been set in a larger pan containing about 1" of hot water.
- (both pans will go into the oven.) Bake for 45 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Remove baking dish at once from hot water and allow to cool before serving.