This is my mom's special recipe. It is delicious and melts in your mouth when it is served while still warm. A favorite at holidays.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, lemon juice and grated lemon rind.
- Add egg yolks which have been well beaten, the milk and melted butter.
- Last, fold in egg whites which have also been well beaten.
- Put ingredients into a buttered 9" baking dish which has been set in a larger pan containing about 1" of hot water.
- (both pans will go into the oven.) Bake for 45 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Remove baking dish at once from hot water and allow to cool before serving.
We love lemon pudding and this one was delicious.