Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this from one of the Fix-it and Forget it Cookbooks. My best friend, who hates sausage - LOVES this recipe.
- 2 lbs Italian sausage (sweet, mild or hot)
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 large green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons italian seasoning (optional)
- Put sausage in skillet and pour water over top. Simmer about 10 minutes. Drain (I rinse too).
- Put all other ingredients in crock pot then add sausage, push down to cover. You can cut sausage into smaller pieces if you want, I don't.
- Cover - cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Serve on rolls.
- I use the left overs for spaghetti sauce later in the week.
- Sometimes I also add ground beef crumbles or meatballs.