Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe for the most delicious pie crust, handed down from generation to generation. When you want your pie or cobbler to have that extra flavor, try this easy to make, flaky, crust.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the Crisco into the flour and salt. Don't overwork. This should be very rough consistency.
- Beat the egg; add vinegar and water.
- Sprinkle the water mixture over the flour.
- Toss with a fork until coarsley mixed.
- Divide dough in half for two pie crusts. Shape into balls and chill 15 minutes.
- Roll on floured surface.
- Balls of dough may be combined for a large cobbler crust.
- Follow baking instructions for your pie or cobbler.
Great Recipe! Love it!