Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
No subs use only butter. If desired you can coat them is sugar before baking. These are also great without the chocolate chips, chopped maraschino cherries can be used in place of the chocolate chips for the holidays.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or you 1 teaspoon almond extract)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Prepare an ungreased cookie/baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl beat softened butter with vanilla using an electric mixer until fluffy (about 4 minutes).
- Add in confectioners sugar, cornstarch and flour; beat on low speed for about 1 minute, then on high speed for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips; mix to combine.
- Drop by spoonfuls about 2-inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes (watch that the edges don't brown too much).
- Cool completely on wire racks then lightly dust with confectioners sugar if desired.
I had this recipe and lost it. I am so glad I found it it's my children's favorite Christmas cookie.
I really, really WANT to like these. I was really looking forward to making them and I am pretty disappointed. It seemed like they were missing something. They definitely do have a melt-in-your-mouth quality about them, though...