Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a wonderful chef's website, Melomeals.blogspot.com. A professional chef who is kind enough to share her recipes as well as her ups and downs. Made this yesterday, and all 4 guests gave it a 5 BAM! rating. We used it as shown, open faced hummus and fresh strawberry sandwiches on a good multi-grain bread. My only deviation was to use sunflower seed butter in place of peanut butter. The cook time is chill time, but we ate it right out of the processor, and it was great.
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- 2 -4 tablespoons water
- 1. If the dates or raisins are dry, cover with boiling water for 5 minutes, strain and save the water.
- 2.Place the rest of the ingredients except for the soaking water in a food processor and process until totally smooth, adding the liquid as needed.
- 3.Let hummus sit for several hours so the flavors can get to know each other.