Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
I had this the first time when I was 14 years old, on a trip to Italy. I couldnt get enough of it. I use a kenwood ice cream machine, the one you have to freeze 24 hours beforehand.
- 500 g melon (cantaloupe, peeled and chopped)
- 100 ml soy cream (or single cream)
- 1 egg white (whisked to firm peaks)
- 60 g sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chopped melon in the freezer for a couple of hours. This helps the ice cream machine along.
- Blend the melon with the sugar until very smooth and frothy.
- Add the cream and blend further.
- Pour the melon mixture into the ice cream machine until it has the consistency of soft ice cream. With the machine still going, add in the whisked whites . These will become incorporated into the ice cream making it softer.
- I have made this ice cream without the egg white sucsessfully.