1/1 Photo of Melon Gelato ( Normal or Gluten Free Version)
Wild Thyme Flour's Note:
I had this the first time when I was 14 years old, on a trip to Italy. I couldnt get enough of it. I use a kenwood ice cream machine, the one you have to freeze 24 hours beforehand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the chopped melon in the freezer for a couple of hours. This helps the ice cream machine along.
- 2Blend the melon with the sugar until very smooth and frothy.
- 3Add the cream and blend further.
- 4Pour the melon mixture into the ice cream machine until it has the consistency of soft ice cream. With the machine still going, add in the whisked whites . These will become incorporated into the ice cream making it softer.
- 5I have made this ice cream without the egg white sucsessfully.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melon Gelato ( Normal or Gluten Free Version)
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: