Recipe by mickeydownunder
Saw this while surfing the net, Was it exciting and intriguing? YOU BET! Looked to be something different and unique! Hope your curiousity in having a look in does peak! Here's what it actually does look like, TRUE! Perhaps very soon someone will do a review :) http://www.tasteofbeirut.com/2010/07/spiced-popsicles-meghli-popsicles/ NOTE: NOTE: Garnishes: Some shredded coconut, some pine nuts, some walnuts, some pistachios ( soaked in orange blossom water for a couple of hours and peeled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the rice in 1/2 liter of water for 2 or 3 hours before starting the pudding.
- Soak the nuts in water and a bit of orange blossom water
- Mix the sugar and spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Boil the one liter of water in a large heavy-bottomed pan. Mix the rice and 1/2 liter of water mixture with a wire whisk and add to the boiling water. Reduce the heat to medium and stirring constantly, gradually add the sugar and spices.
- Keep stirring until the rice mixture thickens, about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Pour into a large serving platter or individual bowls to cool.
- Garnish with some shredded coconut and a medley of nuts.