Recipe by megs_
This is my specialty. In all the cooking I do, this is what hubby requests the most. It's relatively easy and oh so yummy. Don't be scared of the goat cheese - it really adds incredible flavor - I got the idea from Ina Garten's lasagna recipe.
- lasagna noodle (no-boil kind is my fav)
- olive oil, to cover your saute pan
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb reduced-fat sausage
- 18 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces goat cheese (creamy, crumbled)
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion & garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sausage and break apart with spatula. Cook till no longer pink (about 10 minutes).
- In a saucepan, add tomato sauce, the sausage/garlic mixture, and spice it to your liking.
- Let the sauce simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- While the sauce simmers, in another bowl mix the ricotta, goat cheese, egg, half of the mozzarella, and some salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Layer the lasagna in a pan as this: sauce, noodles, cheese mixture, a sprinkle of some mozzarella, and repeat until you get to the top of your pan. Top off with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.