Recipe by Bill Gary
The best thing about these potatoes is that even when you microwave them they will keep their original consistency. The worst thing is you can feel your arteries hardening as you eat them, but the taste buds will be kicking up such a ruckus that you might not notice it.
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- sour cream
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 3 -4 green onions, white part and green,finely sliced
- 1 -5 clove garlic (depending upon your love of garlic...I use 6)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through (a fork will almost break the potatoes, an inserted toothpick will come out clean).
- Drain well.
- While still hot, either mash or rice the potatoes in an oven-proof bowl.
- Add the butter and stir until the butter is completely melted.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the sour cream until the potatoes are a little smoother, but you can still see more potatoes than you can sour cream (unless you like sour cream like I do, then go ahead and add a little more).
- Add 2 splashes of milk to help smooth out the potatoes and stirr well.
- Add the heavy cream and stir.
- The potatoes will be super smooth, but be careful not to let this become a soup.
- Add the green onions and garlic and stir until well blended.
- Smooth the top over, leaving the potatoes more mounded in the center.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake until the cheese is melted.
- If you're really daring, go a little further until the top starts to brown.
- Serve immediately and may God have mercy on your arteries.