Mega Easy, Monster Delicious Roasted Red Potatoes
photo by dcburnsbiscuits
- Ready In:
- 5 lbs red potatoes (NOT pre-bagged, hand picked, the smaller the better)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 4 large cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Pre heat oven to 425 F.
- Wash Potatoes. Have a large bowl with cold water near your cutting board. Leaving skins on, cut potato in half, then cut each half into 8 wedges. Easiest way is to cut the half in a cross pattern, then cut another cross pattern. Place cut potatoes into cold water bath.
- Drain potatoes into colander. Shake off all excess water. Wipe out large bowl until dry. Put drained potatoes back into bowl.
- Add all other ingredients. Using a large spoon, mix until all potatoes are completely, and evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet, in a single layer. This is ALOT of potatoes, so you may need 2 sheets. I needed to use 2 ovens.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Flip potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and re-season with salt to taste. Serve.
- Eat it! Ketchup has never been so happy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!