Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
these stuffed sardines are eaten here in the mediterranean, and also very popular at parties
- 18 sardines
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 ham slices, thinly cut and chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces cheese, grated
- 6 olives, chopped (no pips)
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- wash the sardines and take off the head.
- sprinkle with salt, and leave them for about 20 min.
- slice them open and take off the middle bone.
- in another bowl, mix all the other ingredients and stuff the sardines with this creating a "bumb" in each sardine.
- Sprinkle with some flour and fry in hot oil.