Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Use your favorite Vegan or Vegetarian Burger such as Boca or Morningstar Farms. From Real Simple.
Top Review by Miss Angie
wow! I threw this together in minutes and it was awesome! I eyeballed the ingredients and was really happy with the results. I used Boca Burgers, added fresh basil (try it!!) and left out the cucumber since I didn't have any. The red wine vinegar really adds to the flavor. Thanks so much for posting, I'll be making this again soon =)
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 1 veggie burger, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the vegetable burger patty as desired.
- Then combine the tomato, cucumber, spinach, Feta, vinegar, oil, and pepper.
- Spoon the salad mixture into the pita.
- Crumble the vegetable burger on top.
- Note you can use a vegan sub cheese for the feta if desired.