Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Hunts -- found online
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (26 ounce) can hunts roasted garlic and onion spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) package Baby Spinach, fresh
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to break up sausage with spoon. Drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, olives and water. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl. Add sauce and spinach; mix lightly. Add cheese; stir until slightly melted.
We loved this recipe for dinner tonight. I used Emeril's roasted garlic pasta sauce and 2 1/4 oz of kalamata olives. This recipe is easily veganized by replacing the Italian sausage with Field Roast brand vegan Italian sausages (by far the best) and Vegan Gourmet mozzarella cheese alternative. Made for the Vegan challenge in the Greek ZWT9 forum.
this is about easy thank for posting zaar tour 6
I made with my own spaghetti sauce and we loved it! This was quick to make and everyone ate like there was no tomorrow! This will be repeated. Thanks for sharing!