Recipe by yooper
An amazing dish with an exotic flair that comes together in minutes! From chef Tyler Florence on "Food 911."
Top Review by Terri F.
Outstanding!! I wish I could give this dish more stars. I used linguini for the pasta and had to substitute 2 tsps. dried basil for the fresh, otherwise no changes to the recipe. Thanks for a great recipe, Mark, I will be making this one frequently!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced diagonally
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted (1/4 pound)
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for pasta in a pasta pot, fitted with a strainer.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken strips until no longer pink-about 3 minutes each side.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to skillet.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the pasta to boiling water, cook until al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Now add the basil, artichoke hearts, olives and feta cheese to the skillet.
- Saute 1 minute, then stir in the cream.
- Strain the pasta and transfer to a large pasta bowl.
- Add the chicken saute to the pasta and toss.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper before serving.