Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
easy pasta dish !
- 350 g spiral shaped pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 150 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 2 chili, sliced,seeds removed
- 1 (1 liter) bottleof commercial pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup torn basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped olive
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan heat the 2 tablespoons oil and stir in the onion and garlic.
- Cook for 3 minutes and stir in the remaining vegetables, chilli and seasoning.
- Cook for 3- 5 minutes until just softening.
- Add the tomato sauce (pour 1 cup water into the empty jar and then add to the pan- this will help remove any remaining sauce) and the basil and stir through the pasta along with ½ a cup of the mozzarella cheese and lemon zest, if using.
- Place in a large baking dish and top with the remaining mozzarella and the Parmesan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- In a small bowl combine the parsley, olives and capers and scatter over the lasagne.
- Serve hot.
Very good! This reminds me of our good 'ol midwest hotdish - baked and with cheese on top! I used whole wheat elbow macaroni noodles and omitted the capsicum and chilis. I also used extra parmesan on top. This would be perfect for Vegans to increase the amts of veggies and use vegan cheese!