Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is excellent over pasta or cous cous. Go easy on the cinnamon and heavy on the mushrooms. Serve warm or cold.
- 1 lb fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 12 ounces small mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- Peel and chop the tomatoes.
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, garlic, shallots and a pinch each of cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add rosemary and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are just barely tender.
These were simply amazing! Due to what we had, we used white wine and tomato sauce... didn't matter. I think I'll be hounding Tom to make these again and again. YUMMY!
Excellent flavors! I will definitely be making these again. I actually used canned tomatoes, white wine and I used cinnamon sugar, since I usually add a pinch of sugar to tomatoes. I cooked the liquid out and served over couscous. I love it! Thanks for posting. Made for Herb/Spice of the Month.
Mmm mmm. After it'd finished cooking i just put some couscous in the pan, put the lid on & let the juices soak in. It was unattractive, but easy & tasty. Served as a side. I've made it before & I'll make it again. :)