Recipe by threeovens
Serve with grilled pita wedges. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Interesting reviews ... But honestly, I had to weigh it against who I knew would like it and those I knew who would be iffy. I loved it. Although it needed more garlic and salt to me. But the flavor was all there. Those who didn't like it, like the meat dishes more. I knew that. For us who like a vegetarian type of dish, we loved it. I grilled up pita chips and also some crackers to serve and there wasn't any left other than a lonely teaspoon. I really liked the eggplant with the chickpeas as they made a nice mix. Very nice recipe!
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup eggplant, roasted (or grilled)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- olive oil
- fresh basil (to garnish)
- walnuts, toasted
- pita bread, wedges grilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, basil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and eggplant; process until smooth.
- While processor is running add olive oil in a steady stream; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Garnish with fresh basil and walnuts.