Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from Quaker Oatmeal web site. We had this for lunch today and it was very good! I wanted to share with all the salad lovers, or those on a diet. It's not low on carbs though, 32g. Since it was my first time prepareing, prep time is approx.
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons coarse Dijon mustard
- In Small bowl, combine ingredients for dressing.
- Mix until throughly blended; chill.
- In Large shallow bowl or platter combine ingredients for salad; cover and chill.
- Heat broiler.
- Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Place oats, cheese and cumin in blender container or food processor bowl; cover.
- Blend on high speed or process about 1 minute, stopping occasionall to stir; set aside.
- Pound each chicken breast half between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread mustard thinly over both sides of chicken; coat with oat mixture.
- Place chicken on broiler pan; spray one side of chicken evenly with cooking spray to coat completely, about 10 seconds.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes; remove pan from broiler.
- Turn chicken over; spray with cooking spray to coat, about 10 seconds.
- Broil an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink in center.
- Toss salad with dressing; place warm chicken over top.
- Serve with orange wedges and cilantro.