I got this recipe from Quaker Oatmeal web site. We had this for lunch today and it was very good! I wanted to share with all the salad lovers, or those on a diet. It's not low on carbs though, 32g. Since it was my first time prepareing, prep time is approx.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1In Small bowl, combine ingredients for dressing.
- 2Mix until throughly blended; chill.
- 3In Large shallow bowl or platter combine ingredients for salad; cover and chill.
- 4Heat broiler.
- 5Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
- 6Place oats, cheese and cumin in blender container or food processor bowl; cover.
- 7Blend on high speed or process about 1 minute, stopping occasionall to stir; set aside.
- 8Pound each chicken breast half between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 9Spread mustard thinly over both sides of chicken; coat with oat mixture.
- 10Place chicken on broiler pan; spray one side of chicken evenly with cooking spray to coat completely, about 10 seconds.
- 11Broil about 6 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes; remove pan from broiler.
- 12Turn chicken over; spray with cooking spray to coat, about 10 seconds.
- 13Broil an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink in center.
- 14Toss salad with dressing; place warm chicken over top.
- 15Serve with orange wedges and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Deviled Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 312.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar